Magnificent Pacific Heights Mansion
Located in San Francisco's world-renowned Gold Coast neighborhood, this magnificent Pacific Heights Georgian mansion features extraordinary architectural details from the early 20th Century combined with a stunning contemporary renovation. This home was completely restored and renovated with high end luxury designer finishes.
Featuring eight bedrooms, seven full baths, three powder rooms, formal dining room, library, media room, family room, wine tasting room, game room with bar, a gorgeous wine cellar, elevator to all levels, 2 car side by side garage plus 3 car motorcourt and 2 car driveway parking, as well as a giant live-in kitchen, this exquisite residence works well for both grand-scale entertaining as well as for a wonderful contemporary lifestyle. The lushly landscaped front and back gardens and surrounding brick walls create the feel of a wonderful English country estate in the midst of the City with lovely outlooks of the Bay and the skyline in the background...
- Grand Park Avenue style entrance foyer with spectacular soffeted box-beamed ceilings and triple moldings spotlighted by cove lighting. Beautiful wainscoting and classic hardwood flooring add to the architectural grandeur.
- The large scale living room features hand painted moldings and a wood-burning fireplace with marble and carved wood - a fabulous for the most elegant of soirees!
- Exquisite library with beautiful built-in shelving, star patterned moldings and a stunning chandelier.
- A dramatic banquet-sized formal dining room with deep red flocked demask wall coverings and glass doors leading to the courtyard.
- The large live-in gourmet chef's kitchen features a glass door stainless SubZero refrigerator, stunning LaCornue double oven with pasta faucet and large stainless hood, beautifully contrasting black granite and white marble counters and backsplash, double sinks and abundant cabinet space.
- A large open living space opening to the garden, office alcove and family eating area make this truly a wonderful kitchen for both entertaining and everyday living.
- A chic powder room with sitting area/ cloak closet completes this level of the home.
- The elegant stairway highlighted with an impressive chandelier leads to a charming landing transitoning to the upper floors.
- A gracious central landing opens up to the four bedrooms, four baths and library/office on this level of the residence.
- The generous master bedroom has stunning royal blue damask wall covering with coved ceilings, two large walk-in closets and a stunning white Carrera marble and mirrored master bath. Another lovely white Carrera bath with classic diamond-patterned flooring works well as a second bath for the master or for the adjoining charming second bedroom.
- The very large third bedroom features outlooks over the garden and a classically elegant black and white marble and granite bath with large closet. This level of the home also enjoys lovely outlooks toward the architecturally beautiful surrounding homes framing views of the Bay and the City.
- The charming wood-paneled fourth bedroom and adjoining library/office (with Fortuny light) share an ultra-chic black and white marbled bath and look over the lush greenery of the back garden.
- Massive linen closet
- Stacked full-sized washer dryer
- A massive central hall opens up to the three very large bedrooms, media/play room and three beautiful white and gold marble baths on this level of the residence.
- High coved ceilings, charming dormer windows and beautiful views overlooking the Bay and City skyline make this level of the home warmly inviting and wonderful additional living and entertaining space. The flexibility of the rooms would allow for a home gym, media room plus additional family or guest bedrooms.
- The classic wood- paneled and mirrored billiards/ game room enjoys a full bar, banquette seating and a delightful adjoining wine tasting room
- Large laundry room with washer dryer, double sinks, cabinets and work area
- Powder room
- A spacious gym / play room
- Media room with transom window looking over the adjoining play room
- Security system with 7 cameras and motion sensors on doors and windows located in the utility room
- Gorgeous 2,000 bottle wine cellar with a beautiful antique safe
>> Click Here to Download Floor Plans
>> Click Here to Download a Architectural History
If you're looking for commanding views of San Francisco Bay then Pacific Heights is your place. What you'll find is heart-stopping sunsets with neighborhood hills lifting up from the Marina stretching east and west between the Presidio and Van Ness avenue. This is the stuff of which dreams are made. Its a picture-perfect setting, and one Hollywood chooses to highlight when depicting the world-famous hills of San Francisco.
This majestic section of town houses some of the largest homes in the city, including a wide array of Victorians, Edwardians, Mission Revival and homes in the style of French Chateaus. An affluent neighborhood, Pacific Heights is home to the consulates of Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, and Russia. Several elite private schools in the area were once former baronial mansions. Among these are Town School For Boys, Convent of the Sacred Heart, Stuart Hall High School, San Francisco High School, and Drew School.
Folks fortunate enough to live in Pacific Heights benefit from its gorgeous parks, playgrounds, and miles of hiking, running and biking in the adjacent Presidio Park. For shopping, look no further than Fillmore Street, running north and south through this exciting part of town. Many world-class boutiques and fantastic restaurants are found along Fillmore, as well as exceptional patisseries, flower shops, and designer retail clothing.
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Joel Goodrich